Obligatory Introduction Post



Hi. I'm Sara and I like wine.

I mean, I also like a lot of other things too, but since that is the whole point of this blog, it seemed like a good place to start. 

Somehow, this is the only photo of me with a glass of wine I can find.



Being in your twenties or thirties and broke, if you develop a taste for wine, you tend to become a connoisseur of the cheap stuff. I'll be honest, I started drinking wine because I thought a glass of red wine looked super pretty and elegant. I also drank really cheap, really, really sweet wine. Kool-Aid wine, one of my aunts called it, telling me that I would grow up one day.

She was right. These days, I have an affinity for dry reds, particularly Cabernet. And while my budget is somewhat higher that it was in those days a decade ago right after graduating college, I still tend to go for the cheap stuff. Occasionally, I'll splurge on something in the $15-25 range, but we're talking major life events here.

Fairly recently, our Aldi expanded their wine selection. They didn't have much before, so I hadn't really bothered to try any of it. Talking to my boyfriend, I was inspired. For the past two years, I have been posting a blog where I review books (professionalbookworm.com, you know, just in case you are curious). One thing I had always thought would be fun to do on there was a drunk book review vlog. However, due to lack funding and owning crappy technology, it's never really happened. So, now I've decided to apply those review skills to something else I love.

The idea here, at least to start, is to review my way through the wine selection at Aldi. Hopefully, I won't stop there. When he's clever enough, I'll also share my boyfriend Ian's thoughts on the wines, as well. He's a neophyte, particularly to dry wines. Right now, he's jogging while I've just started my second glass of wine, so this should be interesting.

Comments

Popular Posts